+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Calenders?

Default 2009 Calenders?

Hi guys! I'm just looking at the wonderful 2008 calender which is hanging on the door... Are there already plans for a 2009 version? This years' version is perfect and wasn't to expensive, so maybe this could be a good starting point.

If this were to happen, I would've had to start collecting high resolution photos in July. I just didn't have time this year.

I think skipping a year will help with bringing in some new material (cars), rather than doing any repeats. But that might also prove to be difficult.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Adam, when I saw that you bought the 1958īs car and had the trouble with your Centurion engine I thought that you wouldnīt have enough time to create a calendar this year. So I waited until the beginning of October, but then I prepared my own calendar for 2009.

I donīt have a lot high resolution photos of Centurions which are nice enough for a calendar and so I decided to take some pictures of other cars also. Only this was not enough and I was forced to take some low resolution photos too wondering how the quality of that pics would come out when printed. Now I got the calendar last week and itīs wonderful ! Okay, 3 pics are "50-inchers" (that means you can see some bigger pixels when close to the pic but this effect gets away when you see the pics from greater distance. So Iīm very pleased with my calendar. On the other hand it was a little bit more expensive than the calendar of last year because I ordered best special photo paper and because the general costs split up for only 4 copies I ordered (I payed 15 Euro each copy inclusive shipping all 4 within Germany). Iīll show it to some friends the next days and perhaps Iīll have to order some more afterwards.

To create your own calendar perhaps is also a possibitity for those who canīt life without such an calendar in 2009. Guess itīs no problem to take some pics from the internet if you donīt have enough own photos and if you only use the calendar private and you donīt sell it.

Hereafter is the overview of my private calendar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rolf

Very cool Rolf!

I was thinking about getting one of the calendars the B-59 group is selling.

www.buick-59.com
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

Adam, you shall get one of my calendars because Iīm very pleased with your former car - you shall have some new photos of - now - my Centurion (within the calendar) in your home !

Iīll send the calendar to you at Monday morning, so you will get it as a Christmas present ! Hope you will enjoy it (and hope it will arrive without problems).
    Rolf

Since Adam mentioned the '59 Buick calendar, I'll pass along the direct link to cafepress, so that you can view the third annual calendar that we've put together.

I put together a couple of the photo shoots for the calendar, including the front cover photo taken at nearby Pacific Lutheran University. I also planned the December photo, shot last New Year's Eve just north of my home.

These are terrific calendars. Enjoy!

http://www.cafepress.com/buick_59_09.324744983

Adam, we'll all look forward to submitting photos during the next several months for a possible 2010 Centurion calendar!
    Brian Laurance, BCA # 5168
    A Centurion driver since December, 1970

1971 Centurion Formal Coupe

Hey, thatīs a very nice calendar, Brian !
    Several pictures seem to be taken in 1959 or in the early 60īs, right ?

Iīve sent the link to the office of the German Buick Club, so perhaps it will find some interests here in Germany too !
    Rolf

Rolf, I can't wait to get a copy of your calendar. Thanks so much for sending one over!

I promise to make sure I work next year to get a 2010 calendar together. In the mean time, it is up to all of YOU to make start thinking about spots and cars for the 2010 calendar. It takes time to get 12 high quality photos worthy of a calendar.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

Quote Originally Posted by MichelHaak View Post
    Hi guys! I'm just looking at the wonderful 2008 calender which is hanging on the door... Are there already plans for a 2009 version? This years' version is perfect and wasn't to expensive, so maybe this could be a good starting point.
    Michel, you started this thread and perhaps you also wish to get such a calendar as mine, so I feel I have to write some words to you.

I canīt order and sell my private created calendar to everyone who wants it because I also used some pics from the internet. One only can use them private and if I would sell this calendar I probably could get great problems. So I hope that you can design an own calendar or order a copy of the Buick-59-calendar.

Only what I could do is to email you my own pics for such a calendar. If you like the pics shown in my posting and you want to have them send a PM with your email address - Iīll send them to you and would do it for everyone who would ask for ! There are several shops in the net which are prepared to produce calendars, so everyone could create his own for 2009. Perhaps it will be a bit more expensive and you will have some work also but itīs a very personnel thing too - perhaps you will love it more than another oneīs.

Hope youīll understand me.
    Last edited by The German; 11-09-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Rolf

That sounds good! You got a pm...

Quote Originally Posted by MichelHaak View Post
    That sounds good! You got a pm...
    You have them now ! Tell us about your own calendar if you will create one.
    Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Hey, thatīs a very nice calendar, Brian !
    Several pictures seem to be taken in 1959 or in the early 60īs, right ?

Iīve sent the link to the office of the German Buick Club, so perhaps it will find some interests here in Germany too !
    Hi Rolf, thank you for passing the word to others regarding the calendar.

One photo -- the black-and-white photo -- is a vintage photo, included in honor of the '59 Buick's 50th anniversary. Rich Gibbs of Topeka, Kansas owns the '59 Electra 4-door hardtop purchased new by his grandparents. The photo shows Rich's grandparents on a trip to Hoover Dam when the Buick was nearly new.

All of the other photos are very recent, shot within the last twelve months.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    ... ... All of the other photos are very recent, shot within the last twelve months.
    Oh, I thought such kind of gas stations as to be seen in the pics for March, June and Nov. would be from the earlier time, Brian, therefore I was sure these pics were shot in the 60īs. Are these stations still working stations or are they part of a museum ?
    Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Oh, I thought such kind of gas stations as to be seen in the pics for March, June and Nov. would be from the earlier time, Brian, therefore I was sure these pics were shot in the 60īs. Are these stations still working stations or are they part of a museum ?
    Rolf, these are old stations that have been preserved, but are no longer in operation. The station in the March image is at the Classic Car Club of America Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan. The station in the June photo is located near San Antonio, Texas, and the station in the November photo is located in San Jose, California.

Thanks, Brian, for this info.! So I was not too wrong assuming the pics were taken in former years. But anyway - they are very special photos which make this calendar really unique !
    Guess a lot of people will buy it to spent 2009 with such great pictures.
    Rolf

Rolf,

I received the calendar this week! It came much faster than I thought it would...

Thanks so much for making this, and sending one to me!! It looks great..
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

Quote Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
    Rolf, I received the calendar this week! It came much faster than I thought it would...
    Thanks so much for making this, and sending one to me!! It looks great..
    Oh, that was really fast ! I expected it would last 3 - 4 weeks, perhaps longer. The most packages I got from USA came to me after 4 - 6 weeks; for example : my Centurion-shirt seems to be sent by Steve one month ago but hasnīt arrived yet !

Iīm glad that the calendar came through so fast and - more glad - that it enjoys you, Adam !
    Rolf

Great calendar Rolf.
    I think I'll play around and make up my own when I get to take some pictures.
    Randy is havind something fixed on mine before it gets shipped so I probably won't have mine until December. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Richard (Rick) Dunn

1971 Centurion convertible, teal mist gray and black: traded in for:
    1973 Centurion convertible, bamboo cream and sandlewood: sold away for all of the wrong reasons. :
    1972 Centurion 4 door hardtop, hunter green, green interior, black vinyl roof. The new adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dunn View Post
    Great calendar Rolf. I think I'll play around and make up my own when I get to take some pictures. ... ...
    Richard, I could send you my own photos as I have done that for Michel Haak; only send me your email-address in a PM if you would like to get them. You could add some own pictures and ready is your special personnel calendar !
    Rolf

Richard, I have sent the photos to you.

Good luck with your own creation of a 2009-calendar !
    Rolf

+ Reply to Thread