+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your daily driver!!

Well being young often equals doing dumb and stupid things.
    I can testify to that.
    I know that I am very lucky to still be here.
    But one day I guess I just grew up.
    I stopped doing stuff like that.
    Richard (Rick) Dunn

1971 Centurion convertible, teal mist gray and black: traded in for:
    1973 Centurion convertible, bamboo cream and sandlewood: sold away for all of the wrong reasons. :
    1972 Centurion 4 door hardtop, hunter green, green interior, black vinyl roof. The new adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Robroy View Post
    Thatís quite a story Dale, Iím glad the ice held....

It reminds me of an occasion when my friend I where out partying in the early 80ís, the driver had had enough for the evening and went home when my friend decided to do some driving himself. He was pretty tanked up and didnít do so good . I persuaded him to head home which he did but he took a shortcut through some flowerbeds and chopped down a few traffic signs as well on his way . He then parked the car at his usual spot and we went inside and went to sleep 4 am.
    I woke up at 10:00 am from the doorbell and I could hear someone asking my friend if he was the owner of the 66 Impala parked outside which he confirmed. The car was fairly undamaged from the nightís adventure except for a transmission oil leak that left a pretty little track all the way from the messed up flowerbeds etc to my friendís car . He claimed that someone else had been driving but he couldnít remember who due to his state during the night (buzzed big time) . He was of the hook since they couldnít really prove he had been driving.

A few months later he was just moving his car around the block to park it when a police car from nowhere showed up and nicked him . He was almost sober compared to the last time but had had a few beers which was enough to lose the license.
    Heís an ambulance driver today since many years and we often say how lucky we were that night that we didnít hurt some one else or our selfís for that matter.
    So to all young forum members, DONíT DRINK AND DRIVE, its just plain stupid and can lead to real disasters
    Per,
    From what I have heard over the years, Sweden has absolutely no tolerance when it comes to drinking and driving.
    I have heard that any alcohol in your system and you lose your license.

Boy, the stories I could tell you about cops pulling me and my friends over back in the late '70's and early '80's and then letting us go on our merry way even after establishing the fact we had been drinking all night.

Cop. "You guys been drinking?"

Us. "Yes"

Cop. "Are you drunk?"

Us. "Not yet! ha,ha ha"

Cop. "Well, put the beer in the trunk, turn your lights on, and watch those stop signs!"

Richard,
    I also feel lucky that myself and all my friends from that time are still around to talk about it! And that none of us killed or injured anybody.
    Dale

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Current Buicks...1970 Riviera (2nd one) 1996 Riviera (Supercharged of course!)
    Past Buicks. '66 Riv G.S (clone) / '70 Riv / '90 Riv / '72 Skylark / '72 LeSabre / '72 Electra / '96 LeSabre / '92 Park Avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepspear View Post
    Per,
    From what I have heard over the years, Sweden has absolutely no tolerance when it comes to drinking and driving.
    I have heard that any alcohol in your system and you lose your license.
    Yeah, thatís more or less how it is around here. Allowed level of alcohol when driving is 0.2 per thousand or less
    Per

Buick Centurion two door hardtop 1973
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009
    Cadillac Seville STS 1999

Sounds like many of us are very lucky or very Blessed.... or both.
    Been down that road as well, and wish never to travel it again.... Realized I am not Superman. Though, I hope you don't tell my kids !

Hey Kimson - were you sober when you were having your little joy ride!?!?
    Steve
    72 Buick Centurion Convertible - Current (Purchased in 2007)
    71 Buick Skylark Convertible - (mistakenly sold when I thought it was time to "grow-up"!)
    02 GMC Yukon XL - Daily Driver
    00 Jeep Wrangler - My "other fun" car...

Quote Originally Posted by dewbers View Post

Hey Kimson - were you sober when you were having your little joy ride!?!?
    Sure was, I try to do the dumb stuff when I'm sober, and take it easy when I'm lit.
    KIMSN
    QUI VULT DARE PARVA NON DEBET MAGNA ROGARE

Default Upgrade

Last two winters have been very tough out here and the lady of the house gave me an ultimatum; move back to town or get a 4x4 and guess what I chose

This is my first Asian made car ever and I my fuel consumption has almost doubled BUT Iím a very happy camper!
    The VW Golf never felt right for me with its low torque engine and I feel a LOT more relaxed driving the Santa Fe!
    It has a 2.7 liter v6 and automatic 4-speed trans
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Per

Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009

My daily driver- 2010 BMW 528i Xdrive Msport
    Gabe
    BCA# 45430
    1971 Buick GS 455 Stage 1
    1971 Buick Centurion Formal Coupe - SOLD
    1972 Buick LeSabre Custon 4DR HT - SOLD
    2010 BMW 528i X-Drive MSport - SOLD
    2013 BMW 550 X-Drive M Sport
    acqrealty@gmail.com

When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    My daily driver- 2010 BMW 528i Xdrive Msport
    Nice beamer!
    I use to have a 530ia from 93 with a 3 litre v8 and 5-speed aut, it was silver with a black leather interior.
    A guy at work still has it, fastest car I ever owned!
    Last edited by Robroy; 06-18-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Per

Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Robroy View Post
    Nice beamer!
    I use to have a 530ia from 93 with a 3 litre v8 and 5-speed aut, it was silver with a black leather interior.
    A guy at work still has it, fastest car I ever owned!
    Thanks! Awesome pics!! Love those cars - bullet proof engines!!
    Gabe
    BCA# 45430
    1971 Buick GS 455 Stage 1
    1971 Buick Centurion Formal Coupe - SOLD
    1972 Buick LeSabre Custon 4DR HT - SOLD
    2010 BMW 528i X-Drive MSport - SOLD
    2013 BMW 550 X-Drive M Sport
    acqrealty@gmail.com

When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer.

Yes they are powerful and solid engines indeed as long as they get their oil changed according to schedule.
    Good advice to any BMW owner is to never delay the oil change. I use to do mine before schedule just to avoid problems.

Apart from a transmission breakdown I never had any issues with my 530 the nine years I owned it.
    Itís a fabulous car on the highway and the main reason I did not replace it with another one when selling it was that I donít do much highways these days, not where I live now.
    Per

Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009

Been driving the 98 daily for 5 yrs now. Love the Riv, but I think it will be my daughter's in a couple years. Not sure what will replace it, maybe another?
    David Gramlow

1968 GS350
    1998 Riviera

BCA
    ROA
    BPG

+ Reply to Thread