+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with production totals for Hi-Perf 455's?

HI guys, Keith, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your imput! You guys are the ones with the knowledge. But, I am not new to the collector car market either. I currently own a 69 442 W30 stick car (1 of 1097), a 72 Cutlass rag top V-code 455 stick car (1 of only 66 documented 455 rag top sicks for 72!), 1970 LS5 Corvette loaded, a 60 Corvette two top rag top with rare options, 73 Corvette L82 stick, a super rare 67 Plymouth Sport Fury w/ 383 Super Commando and rare 4 speed with console and tach, 68 Corvette 427 tripower rag top, 72 ProStreet Vette tubbed drag car, and 5 or 6 other collectables and I've been at this for more than half my life! I'm a dedicated car guy for sure! Ha-ha! More of an addiction! As for the other 32 Sunburst cars, I would feel pretty confident that they don't all have the rare options identical to mine. As a matter of fact, in looking over the registry, there are a ton more base engine cars out there than anything else, so that should also help my car's value? I'll be the first to tell you, I stumbled upon this one, and didn't know what a Centurion was! But, I'm really happy I decided to save this one from more years of neglect!

Quote Originally Posted by My3buicks View Post
    Rolf, I believe the light blue 75 LeSabre you mention is the one with less than 5000 original miles. I got to see that car at a Buick National years ago in Maine and it is a stunning original. It truely is a peice of history.
    Keith, the text regarding the blue car was : " This 1975 Buick Lesabre Custom Convertible has emerged from it's time capsule to be offered to the public for sale. This amazing automobile was recently purchased from an estate, and has been in climate controlled storage. The 24,700 original miles is correct, except for wear items, the car is totally original. The Blue paint is original and it is in remarkable condition! Top is white and shows no signs of wear, it works perfect. ... ..."
    _________
    Rolf

W and guys.... I hope W gets all that and more for his ride! Then I can start to feel like I didn't over pay too much. It's time for the Centurion market to kick it up a notch! We've got special cars that cause a commotion whenever we take them out! They're rare. They should be priced accordingly. Need to set out mindset that way! Keith, I don't disagree with your point, b/c the proof is there. But, I am at least one of how many that would like to see the market give the Centurion it's due!

W - you mentioned a Trans Am and others that you might sell? Tell me/us some more this one. Would love to see pics and know more about the car. I may have an interest in it. Hell, I've got an interest in all your rides. That Olds sounds like fun and so does that Centurion! (no, I am not buying it!)
    But that trans might be fun. Pls let me know. PM me if you'd like, or post it here. Want to see some pics if possible.

Thanks!
    Steve
    72 Buick Centurion Convertible - Current (Purchased in 2007)
    71 Buick Skylark Convertible - (mistakenly sold when I thought it was time to "grow-up"!)
    02 GMC Yukon XL - Daily Driver
    00 Jeep Wrangler - My "other fun" car...

Quote Originally Posted by My3buicks View Post
    I wonder if it was the same car and had racked up the additional miles at some point. Did the car actually bid up to and sell at $20K or was it listed at $20K and a no-sale?
    ... sold for US$ 20000 at 1.Oct. 2007 !

Keith, you know you're killing me with this picture. LOL.
    It makes me want to head across the river to New Jersey again....

HI Gents!
    Back again after a busy few weeks trying to get things going on my property purchase. I have begun going through the W-Code 72 Centurion rag top, it now has all new brakes, lines, etc. I'm looking for a factory gas tank for it, the original has a wear mark from the strap and looks like it has seen better days, so I am looking for a real nice used or new, if they're out there? After talking to a few friends, I think I'll be doing the body before summer, we'll see. But for those of you looking for a cool drive-while-you-restore ride, I am selling my 72 Buick GS350. Pretty rare color combo to boot! Factory Burnished Copper Irridescent, with a covert vinyl top and saddle interior! The color is very cool, although someone gave it a GSX style paint scheme it currently has on it now, the original colors are real nice! Anywho, the gas tank is my next object desired, so if any of you guys know where they made be hiding, I would appreciate some info! kingjinx@msn.com
    Thanx, Paul
    Last edited by Mr W code; 04-18-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Where are you located, Paul?
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Hi guys!
    I'm located in Fall River, MA. It's the southern coastline of the state.
    Dewbers, got your email, I'll put a little collection of what I am looking to sell, maybe we can chat about my 72 Buick GS350 too. Also, how can I add the little lines of what cars I have under my member name, like the ones I see for you guys?

Had I known I would have stopped by and drooled all over your '72.
    I was on the Cape two weekends ago so I zipped through Fall River twice.

HI Richard, wow, too bad I didn't post my location earlier, you'ld be welcome to check her out anytime. The warm temps' are coming and I'm itchin' to get things going on the cars this summer!
    Dewbers, I haven't had a chance to get back to you, but here's a snap shot of what's here.

1967 Plymouth Sport Fury Fasttop w/383 Super Commando 4bbl, with super rare 4speed, console, tach, suregrip posi, etc.
    Research is calling it probably 1 of less than 10 cars ever built, no power brakes or steering
    1968 Corvette rag top 427/435 w/ stick and transistor ignition
    1970 Corvette 454 LS5 4spd w/ air, pw, pb, etc., loaded, owned since 1988
    1960 Corvette two top, 283 w/ four spd, swapped out in 70 for a 69 Z28 302 Jimmy king built engine
    1973 Corvette L-82 4 speed icld. 383 /425 hp stroker
    1973 Corvette ProStreet w/ 70-72 nose , factory ce454 LS6, Alm heads, tubbed, etc. pro job
    1979 Pontiac Trans Am 403 big block T-Top Myan Red/Blk, Indiana Car PHS papers (gone)
    1969 Oldsmobile 442 W30 w/ 4spd and rallye gauges, Platinum w/ red stripes and interior
    1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass rag top, 1 of only 66 ever built, with factory “V” code VIN # means 455 4spd.
    1972 Buick Centurion rag top, 1 of 33 factory Sunburst Yellow cars, w/ factory high perf. 455, dual exh. and posi
    1978 Dodge Lil’ Red Express Factory High Performance 360 engine
    1972 Buick GS350 factory Burnished Copper iridescent, covert vinyl, saddle int.

+ Reply to Thread