+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something Fun!!!

Lightbulb Something Fun!!!

Hey guys...... (are there any ladies on this forum that I just offended?? I can't think of any, but if there are, I am truly sorry!!)

I want to detail my engine and engine compartment to bring it up to the standards of the rest of my car. Mine isn't too bad, but there is room for work... I don't have a pic today to post, but I will post one very soon.

So I am reaching out to fellas for idea's and pictures! Would you all post pictures of your engine's on this thread? Share what you did that you love and what you did that you hate. What would you do differently? What's left to do? Did you stay all original or did you modify? I know purists like Adam left if original and that's great! Who didn't? Let's have some fun with this...

Not sure if this was the right Forum... but it was the closest I could find.
    (Engine Tech didn't seem to be the right place)

Look forward to hearing from you!
    Steve
    72 Buick Centurion Convertible - Current (Purchased in 2007)
    71 Buick Skylark Convertible - (mistakenly sold when I thought it was time to "grow-up"!)
    02 GMC Yukon XL - Daily Driver
    00 Jeep Wrangler - My "other fun" car...

I've thrown out a few things to lighten the load, I like the idea of keeping it simple and functional, I'll throw in a pic later. When it comes to cleaning, how bad is it? If it's really bad you could cover the carburetor and distributor, and then spray engine degreaser over the rest and rinse it off, or even pressure wash it.
    KIMSN
    QUI VULT DARE PARVA NON DEBET MAGNA ROGARE

Default Just to clarify...

Mine isn't in bad shape at all. It could be show quality with some minor changes. Not just looking for info to clean it... more so looking for idea's (with pics) to dress her up! What I am after are idea's to make her even more pretty. Like did anyone chrome stuff? Use braided line? Color spark plug wires, etc... you know what I mean. If you were going to show her and lift the hood, what did you do to dress it up and make it look nice?
    Steve
    71 Buick Skylark Convertible - (mistakenly sold when I thought it was time to "grow-up"!)

Default Help!

Guys.... have I stumbled onto something that no one wants to talk about?
    To clarify what I am asking for here....... PICTURES of your engines. I want to start to pretty mine up and I am simply looking for idea's from you all.
    Mine is stock from start to finish. Looks pretty good, but I want to do more this fall/winter when I finally put her in the high and dry. I'd love to see what you fellas have done. Thought this would be fun, but can't get anyone to show interest..... so perhaps it won't be any fun!?!?!
    Thanks!
    Steve

Check out Adam's pictures of his under hood detailing in the "Smartin's 71 Formal Coupe" thread in the "Me and My Buick" forum. He makes his engine look like it did on the showroom floor.

Thanks for the good words, Boscoe

Steve, here is a shot from my convertible when I had it...just a couple modifications made..
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Hey Steve,
    I know the feeling when you start up a new thread with little or no response and I was thinking earlier about replying, but felt I hadnít much to share on the subject mine being all stock too.You can see it as the last pict in post #1 on the link below.
    http://www.buickcenturion.com/forums...read.php?t=145

Everything is a matter of taste, but Iím into the same thinking as Boscoe a few posts up, the way Adam restored and freshened up his engine compartment looks really good on cars like ours.
    Per

Buick Centurion two door hardtop 1973
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009
    Cadillac Seville STS 1999

Adam, with the exception of the open air cleaner it looks like a fairly new Centurion under there, and your coupe looks even better. I'm guessing you can now pretty much remove and reinstall the front clip of a Centurion in your sleep!

It has aged a bit since those photos were taken, but it still looks ok.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

In holland there is a guy which is restoring a Buick Riviera from 71. Check his motor! A beauty!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man, that is a beauty! Thanks for sharing it Michel! Would love to see it when he get's it done and installed! Looks mean.....
    Thanks again,
    Steve
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread