+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greaaat

Default Greaaat

I am very happy to see this board arrive for the purposes of sharing mechanical information. I have various makes of cars Cadillacs Buicks and Mustangs are my favorites. I usually redo everything and this Buick of mine has been no exception.

I have continued to have one minor problem that I have yet to solve and that is with the environmental controls on the engine. The problem does not effect the performance or the reliability of the engine but it is a little popping noise when I accelerate at a high rate of speed.

I have attached pictures of some of my other machines with my Buick

RF
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rodfather; 11-16-2006 at 08:59 PM.

Default Could you be more specific?

Could you you be more specific? Does it sound like the popping noise is coming from a backfire through the carburetor? Does it do it when its warm, cold, or always? Could your air injection pump have a bad check valve letting exhaust back through? Larry

The popping noise comes out of the tail pipe...Full Throttle - Under Load .. not a backfire ... could be a check valve blowing by but I tore that system all apart and could'n't find a damn thing ... have not replaced pollution control parts because I can't seem to understand the reason or narrow down the cause. Tried running it without the controls hooked up but The engine ran like crap.

The motor runs extremly smooth quite, responsive and strong...but it has that little quirck. Drives me nuts. If you didn't know anything about cars or were unfamiliar with the car .... you would probably never recognize symptom.

Rodfather

+ Reply to Thread