+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Germany

Smile Hello from Germany

Hi to all of you,

my name is Florian, I'm from Jena in Germany, 26 years old and since June 2016 I'm driving a Buick Centurion Convertible from 1973. It's my first us car and oldtimer and I'm some kind of proud of owning this classic car. My Buick isn't fully original and perfect like you will see. The engine was changed into a GM 305cui from 1978/79 and the convertible top engine is missing but that's okay for me. It is a fun car for sunny weekends and screwing.

Here are some images:

The very first pic of me and the Centurion
    20160516_124003(1).jpg

and 2 more to get a view of the car
    20160618_185352.jpg
    20160618_185642.jpg

I hope my english is good enough to understand you guys.
    Greetings,
    Florian

Hi Florian
    Welcome here
    I live about 640 Km (400 Miles) west of you in the Netherlands and i also have a 73 convertible
    The mechanical parts that are missing or broke are easily obtainable but sheet metal is a different story in case as you want to make the top working again
    Erik
    Ridderkerk
    The Netherlands
    gumbeest@msn.com

Buick Centurion 455-4 convertible (1973)

Hyundai XG 350 (2003)
    Chrysler Sebring convertible (2001)
    Suzuki GSX-R 750 (1991)

Hi Florian, this forum became rather inactive during the last years, so that Im also looking for news only seldom now and found your posting just today. Welcome to our group here !

Several members here have a lot of knowledge about these Centurions and will help you with information if you will have a problem some day. Im a member here since nearly ten years now and learnt a lot from all the discussions we had and Im a German too, living in the north-western region of Germany, in the socalled Ruhr-Area. So feel free at any time to send me a PM (Private Email) by the forum in German language if you have a question. Ill try to help you or give you infos about good sources for answers to your problem. But its always good to ask for help on the forum here too, only I guess it could last way longer to get an answer because of the reduced activity .

Anyway, your BC definitely is a good car to start with into that special hobby and maybe youll change over to a more original one some years later. For 2017 Im sure youll enjoy the summer.
    So, GOOD LUCK on all roads !
    Rolf

Welcome to the BC forum!
    Per

Buick Centurion two door hardtop 1973
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009
    Cadillac Seville STS 1999

Florian,

Welcome to the forum. My daughter was in a study abroad program in the Fall of 2013 in Vienna. She spent a couple weeks living with a couple who lived in Jena. She loved her time spent there.

Enjoy your vehicle.

Roudy

Hi guys,

thanks for the warm welcome! It is definitive a ride to enjoy and I am really looking forward to spring.
    I will make use of your help and knowledge.
    Should I use a separate thread to show updates and work on the car or should I use this thread?

Best regards,
    Florian

If you want to show your cars developement step by step in time I would do it here, Florian.
    If you have some specialities I recommand to create a special thread for every single topic b/c later someone in search for help could find info & help faster by title of a thread.
    Rolf

+ Reply to Thread