+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New BC-Photos

Default New BC-Photos

Hello BC-friends,

letīs get back to some activity here by posting new photos of our beautiful designed cars.
    I guess everyone has some new pictures of his BC or could go out and take some fresh ones to fill this thread.
    I feel sure that such an activity will get back attractiveness to this site because nice car photos always are of interest for us here and for other american vintage car owners as well as for several other people. On the other hand, if such attraction would last only for a while we all would have had something to enjoy for that while. This alone should be worth the effort – my opinion.

And here are my new two photos :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rolf

Good initiative Rolf

Unfortunately I only have some old picts available at the moment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Per

Buick Centurion two door hardtop 1973
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009
    Cadillac Seville STS 1999

Hey, thatīs a good start !
    I always love to see your nice blue cruiser, Per - looks nearly new, really cool. BTW, again you seem to have the better weather there in the north of Europe compared to ours here in North-Germany - enjoy every mile !
    Randy, do you like the 1972 BC more than your former car of 1973 or do you have that car additional ?
    Anyway, both seem to be in excellent condition - typical "wish-to-have-cars" .
    I hope weīll see more new photos here soon.
    Rolf

Good idea Rolf
    It's been too quiet here for a long time
    Unfortunately i have no new nice pictures of my car
    So i will give a status update instead
    20160409_120807[1].jpg 20160430_123233[1].jpg 20160611_135539[1].jpg 20160611_135554[1].jpg

It started with some bodywork, paint and a new roof but it turned into a body-off restoration
    Here how it used to look
    Foto021[1].jpg
    Erik
    Ridderkerk
    The Netherlands
    gumbeest@msn.com

Buick Centurion 455-4 convertible (1973)

Hyundai XG 350 (2003)
    Chrysler Sebring convertible (2001)
    Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T (1999)

Suzuki GSX-R 750 (1991)

Thanks, Erik, for your update with photos !
    Great to see that soon the world will have a renewed BC more. On the other hand the end of your road of restoration seems to be still far away. Do you think you can have it ready next year ?
    I guess Iīll be right to say that we all here wish you good progress because we really canīt wait to see this BC in new „clothing“. But always I felt your enthusiasm for the Centurions and so Iīm sure that this day isnīt too far in future.

GOOD LUCK with every step ahead, Erik,
    and keep us updated from time to time – itīs interesting to see such a project gowing and comments on that could give some extra motivation … .
    Rolf

Thanks Rolf, I have both cars. I can't pick a favorite. Both cars are unrestored and have plenty of flaws, but they are small and you can't see them in photographs.

Randy

Itīs the same with my BC, Randy, and still I love cruising with.
    BTW, very often people rise an arm or a thumb for a special greeting while passing them,
    so the car really is good enough not only for myself and there seems to be some potential for more BC-fans existing here in Germany ...
    Rolf

Obviously the enthusiats of the Centurions became a rare species or is it only the holiday time during summer which keeps them away from such things like looking for news regarding this hobby ?
    On the other hand Iīm still convinced that new nice photos of BCs could initiate more real Centurion friends to take some pictures of their cars and posting them here too for the others of our small group. So there is some hope left - until autumn -, weīll see ... .

Because of the lack of more new photos of our community I looked for other sources and found this on Ebay in Germany : http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=262561248389

Have look to, itīs a really nice 1971 BC looking just like a car that came straight from the plant. It has not much options and the color might not inflame huge fires of enthusiasm but it has the potential to remain as a survivor for a long time ! I hope it will find a good new home in spite of the relatively high price the seller wants to achive with his offer.
    Last edited by The German; 08-09-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    Rolf

Default Another beauty on Ebay ...

Another beauty on Ebay ... :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Centur...m=262576240694

One photo reminds me to what John once wrote about his start with his BC after a long winter, sitting behind the steering wheel and his thought :
    "Oh, what a lot of hood out there !" - And then his smile set in ... . (If I remember correctly.)
    Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Another beauty on Ebay ... :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Centur...m=262576240694

One photo reminds me to what John once wrote about his start with his BC after a long winter, sitting behind the steering wheel and his thought :
    "Oh, what a lot of hood out there !" - And then his smile set in ... . (If I remember correctly.)
    A very nice car to be sure but a triple black vehicle, albeit a convertible, with no AC? That one would be HOT! A very strong price too for a 350 without much if any options too.
    Brad Conley

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Conley View Post
    A very nice car to be sure but a triple black vehicle, albeit a convertible, with no AC? That one would be HOT! A very strong price too for a 350 without much if any options too.
    Iīm with you, Brad, too expensive and low optioned ... .
    But, my intention here wasnīt the ad or the cars options, I only posted that link because of the nice photos.
    This triple black car looks good, the seller took good photos which could be a pleasure to see for our community here ... ! Thatīs all, not more, but that.

BTW, it would be nicer of course to see some photos of BCs of members of this forum in this thread and I still hope that some will be posted during the next weeks.
    On the other hand the early enthusiasm of the first years since the start of this forum seems to have dried out. Even the founder of the site, Adam, seems to have lost his love for the famous Centurions. So, the question is if there is a chance to get some move of the years gone by back here ... (?).
    Rolf

I'm still here...and still love the Centurion, but have been sidetracked by several other cars

Forums in general have slowed down since the advent of Facebook. Specialty sites like this have really taken a hit.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
    I'm still here...and still love the Centurion, but have been sidetracked by several other cars

Forums in general have slowed down since the advent of Facebook. Specialty sites like this have really taken a hit.
    Okay Adam, I thought I could lure you to an answer ... .

Iīm not a Facebook-fan, but I guess you are right, that site might be the main reason for the silence on this very specialized BC-forum here.
    So now I also guess that the chance to get only a little step back to more traffic here will be only a very small one.
    The BC-site probably will remain as a forum for very BC-specific problems and questions only - more or less - something like a socalled paradigm-change.
    Hmmm, thatīs not the best, but itīs the new and weīll have to live with and find the profits of that "new".

Adam, will you still give all the support plus money for running this site if the traffic here remainds on such a low level ?
    Maybe Facebook then really is the better alternative ???
    Rolf

I'll keep the site open as long as I possibly can.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Smartin View Post
    I'll keep the site open as long as I possibly can.
    Hey, now Iīm convinced - you still are an enthusiast of these exceptional Centurions, obviously even more than I am !
    So weīll have some talk here with the small active rest of the community. Iīm curious about how the forums life will go on.
    Anyway how active it is, this forum keeps a lot of good information around the Centurions which canīt be found at other places and this is your success, Adam.
    THANKS for all your effort !!!
    Rolf

Hi Rolf and Per and all, I'm thankful to learn that you are continuing to enjoy your Centurions, and I'm so late in responding to this topic that it's a clear indication that I fail to visit frequently as I once did.

Knowing that you are still here and checking in makes me want to check in here more regularly.

But I have continued to have fun with the Centurion, and shot a few photos within the last month:

Last edited by Centurion; 10-04-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    Brian Laurance, BCA # 5168
    A Centurion driver since December, 1970

1971 Centurion Formal Coupe

Beautiful photos, Brian, thanks for sharing !

Great that you are back here, Brian ! Of course activities on this forum slowed down during the last years and since my last discussion with Adam I learnt why. On the other hand this site started with so much enthusiasmn and created interesting contacts between men with the same interest for a very special vintage car not only in the US but worldwide, that this seems to be of enough worth to try to hold the rest of our group together and if possible to lure back some of the old friends. So I still hope to get some more posts here. Your new photos are a next good step to get back some interest.

I was out with my BC several times this year and it still runs fantastic. With the end of this year Iīll own it 10 years and I still enjoy every mile of cruising with !
    I hope thatīs the same with most of us here.
    Rolf

Thank you for your long-term enthusiasm, Rolf. These cars are indeed special, and I likewise hope that we can maintain the connection with one another that has been established here.
    Brian Laurance, BCA # 5168
    A Centurion driver since December, 1970

1971 Centurion Formal Coupe

73Centurion10052016.jpg New pic from last Saturday. First time it's been out of storage in two years. Started right up and I put about 200 miles on her cruising around. She performed great. The whitewalls have yellowed and I can't get them white no matter what I try.

+ Reply to Thread