+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Keith...

Default Hey Keith...

Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Default saw it

Yes, I saw it when it first went on and then he emailed me and told me it was on. . It certainly was marketed much better when I sold it. The marketing sucks. Special Fire Orange paint LMAO. He has the build sheets and all the data, at least they could have got that right in the ad.

Right off the bat, The color does not appear right but that could just be the lighting, I see he added something above the Centurion name plates on the front fenders, added Centurion emblems to the inner door panels, they appear to be sewed now, not the original embossed. The fiberglass/plastic part that goes between the rear side panel and seat is totally wrong, I have no idea how the fiberglass parade boot would even attach to them. The door panels look whiter than the seats (the 72 interior was never a bright white as seen later in the 75's) And I was surprised for $35K he didn't put new tires on, they are not structurally damaged but I can still see the brown spots on the whitewalls from the fire.

I am a little put off that he didn't disclose that it was in a fire. If someone comes onto the forum I would like them to have the facts. That said, even though the car was financially totaled in the fire, it was strictly cosmetic. The current owner drove the car from PA to the Carolina's after he bought it. I have posted pics before cleanup and after cleanup so any buyers have full disclosure at least from me.

With all that said, spending all the time getting the car cleaned up after the fire did accomplish what I intended, and that was for the car to be restored and back on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by My3buicks; 03-20-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Unless my information is wrong, the VIN's don't match.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

The VIN is correct as listed - maybe you are thinking of the red one

Gotcha...that must be the one I was looking at.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765

+ Reply to Thread