+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 71 thru 76 Centurion, Lesabre, Electra, right hand chrome remote mirror, RARE

Default 71 thru 76 Centurion, Lesabre, Electra, right hand chrome remote mirror, RARE

Photos & full description is also on ebay for 4 more days, auction# 141568392154. Very nice overall used condition with mounting nuts & gasket. Hopefully more popular than an NOS door skin(?) (And, hopefully not as controversial).

I believe this is only correct for '74 and after; not that I personally care, but purists lurk.....

I already have one and plan on putting it on my '71 LeCenturion, a Svengali-like creation.

I'm certainly open to your idea; my reasoning was, since the door skins fit '71 thru '76, I figured the mirror would probably be fine/correct as well. I bought an NOS one exactly like the one I'm selling, & plan to install it on my '73 Centurion. One of these days I plan to break down & buy the $200 Buick parts numbers 4 inch binder book, but I keep putting it off!
    I am thinking that the '71 thru '73 RH mirrors were non remote, right?

Oh yeah John, it's all good. As I already said, I'm doing much the same. But just pointing out, before the more rabid weigh in, that there's a difference between "fine" and "correct". The mirror you have for sale is indeed fine to put on any '71-76 full size Buick; it'll fit, look and work great, but it was never originally available on the '71-'73 cars, only the '74-'76; therefore it is not "correct" for the former, only the latter.

You are correct, the '71-'73 RH mirrors were manual only.
    Last edited by SBRMD; 02-12-2015 at 03:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread