+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How a Centurion is purchased in 4,5 minutes at Tom Mack auctions, Charlotte, NC

Default How a Centurion is purchased in 4,5 minutes at Tom Mack auctions, Charlotte, NC

Hi everybody. I am from Denmark, lived in NYC for 6 years back in the 80īties and drove at that time a Lesabre 73 four door. For many years I have wanted to bring back my "sweetheart" to Denmark and finally this fall, after a year of studying the market and understanding the price levels and availability, I finally made it back to the US to hunt for my Buick. I already had decided to upgrade to a Centurion to get a convertible model and also to upgrade to a 455.

I saw a few in the NYC area but ended up in Charlotte, NC on September 18th and participated in the Tom Mack "Big Thursday" auction where I knew a Centurion 73, 455 was up for sale.

My friend shot the video (link below), a fantastic experience to get my hands on this beautiful car, in excellent condition and to a fair price.

It is now en-route to Denmark, having a few items fixed while in good hands on Long Island and will be shipped to Denmark shortly. Sorry for steeling one of your cars and bringing it outside its birthplace - but I can assure you it will have a grand time in Denmark. I don't think there are many here in Denmark, but I will find out once I get to learn people in the Buick Club of Denmark.

I already learned from this community all there is to know about trunk lock emblem being "milk white" which is also the case for my car, so will start with sandpaper once it arrives in Denmark :-) - and I am sure I will make use of this fantastic community in the years to come.

Kind regard
    Martin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtSFofwO9Q

Congratulations, Martin! You will enjoy your Centurion. Fun video, thanks for sharing!
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Very nice to watch the video.. Tak!
    Rob

Hello Martin

You probably know that Prince Henrik of Denmark owns a 73 Centurion convertible that as I have understood was purchased new by the Danish Royal family back in 73 (very few or none Centurions were sold outside north America) and that in later years has been restored.
    http://www.buickcenturion.com/forums...ighlight=royal

Good luck with your Centurion!
    Per

Buick Centurion two door hardtop 1973
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2006
    Honda Accord 2009
    Cadillac Seville STS 1999

Hi Per, thanks for sharing, I thought it was a 72. Will dig some into this matter to make sure the background. Car is now on in US customs , - I should get it between Christmas and New Year, kind regards Martin

+ Reply to Thread