+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1973 buick centurion convertible - 455 - Auto - Air conditioning

Default 1973 buick centurion convertible - 455 - Auto - Air conditioning

Hi,

My wife and I are suddenly moving far far from Chicago and can't take her Buick with us. Its been in her family since new. 175k miles (Odometer reads 75). Yellow body. White top. It was personal car of her uncle Charlie Fisher of Charlie Fisher Buick in Kansas City. So he got all the options including A/C, speed warning, etc. Have both rigid parade boots that cover retracted convert top. Ran fine this winter. Does needs total resto But its all there.

Haven't smeared it w/ bondo and Earl Schweib paint job so what you see is exactly what you get. Honest photos, honest description. Right front power window motor is burned out and left outside rearview mirror attachment threads are stripped.

Seriously going to sell it this month. Was in Texas for most of its life.

Please don't lowball me as I'll just donate it, take the tax deduction and make my $$ that way or have my buddy part it out.

Face-to-face Chicago area cash sale or certified check from LOCAL bank that I can call and verify ONLY. If you're not in the Chicago area, I'll be HAPPY to work with your local buddy, or an antique or specialty auto appraiser or a local mechanic. I'll be happy to send you 100s of photos. Happy to pick you up at O'Hare or Midway if you want to fly in. But its STRICTLY cash or LOCAL CERTIFIED check for the clean title. If you want to ship it overseas, buy it first. I will not cash your bad third party check from an Australian bank and immediately wire you the unused shipping amount by Western Union.

Asking $3,000. If you're reasonable, we'll certainly talk.

Thanks for reading this

JC Jones
    jcjones at Ameritech dot net
    Area code three one two. 852-114 zero
    Don't text - won't be returned

P.S. this is also posted on Craisglist which is why there anti-scam language above. My apologies to legitimate car buyers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JC Jones; 08-25-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: retried site's photo upload feature which didnt work 1st time

If you part it, I'm interested in the steering column...

You will more likely get $3K out of it parting it out rather than selling it as it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by My3buicks View Post
    You will more likely get $3K out of it parting it out rather than selling it as it sits.
    Mr Bleakney

Thank you for your advice. I'm not trying to get money as much as get it a good home. The car has been in the family so long that parting out would be hard to take. Just that lots of local folks offer $250 or $500 and thats crazy low. JCJ

Yes, that is really lowballing.

Do you still have this car?

If this car is still available please e-mail some pics Ty

+ Reply to Thread