+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keeping a camera handy whenever I'm out in the Centurion!

Default Keeping a camera handy whenever I'm out in the Centurion!

Our local Buick Club chapter hosted its annual all-Buick car show last weekend, and I drove directly from the show to my office, in an effort to handle some last-minute details before leaving town for a week.

I'll note here that I made the acquaintance of two young Centurion convertible owners! One drives a black '71 Centurion convertible and the other drives a Fire Red '72 Centurion convertible. I was unable to get these cars documented, but I have the owners' contact information and have already been in contact via e-mail. I've also directed them to this site, so hope that they will check in here.

In the Pacific Northwest, we benefit from long daylight hours in late June, so I shot a few quick Centurion photos as I left the office. During the course of the few minutes I spent shooting photos, the setting sun created rapidly changing lighting conditions. I'll share a few of these latest photos here, since I can never quite get enough Centurion photos. The fun part of this is that the few moments of point-and-shoot photos yielded some of my favorite Centurion images ever.

This image shows my office, with the derrick barges and whirly cranes, in the background, above the car's rear decklid:

Remembering that there was a tired 1966 Lincoln Continental parked nearby, I thought it would be fun to shoot a few photos of the two cars together:

Brian Laurance, BCA # 5168
    A Centurion driver since December, 1970

1971 Centurion Formal Coupe

Someone's gotta save that Lincoln!
    Richard (Rick) Dunn

1971 Centurion convertible, teal mist gray and black: traded in for:
    1973 Centurion convertible, bamboo cream and sandlewood: sold away for all of the wrong reasons. :
    1972 Centurion 4 door hardtop, hunter green, green interior, black vinyl roof. The new adventure!

Don't know if you live in the Portland area, but the 2014 BCA national is there next year. I plan on attending since my son just moved there - no car in tow since I'm in the midwst .
    Car looks great!

I will be at the BCA 2013 JULY 18-20 2013

Hope to meet you next year

Bruce
    Bruce
    Lake Bluff, Il.
    1971 Centurion Convertible

Bruce, thank you for your comments. I will certainly be attending the BCA National Meet in Portland, Oregon next summer. I am involved with the planning of a driving tour for the BCA's 1959 Division as part of the Portland meet, so not certain whether I will bring my Centurion in addition to my 1959 Electra.

My Centurion was originally sold (to my parents) by a Portland area dealership, Royal Moore Buick in suburban Hillsboro.

There is an individual in the Seattle area who is currently restoring a 1972 Centurion convertible, finished in its original SCO "Normandy Blue" color scheme. He expects to have the car completed in time for the Portland National Meet, so you can look forward to seeing another SCO convertible.

Bruce, among my regrets in missing this year's big meet in South Bend is that I will also miss out on seeing your '71 convertible.

I am aware of another '71 convertilble - a Nocturne Blue example - from the Chicago area, and will be eager to learn whether that car is shown at the South Bend meet. I look forward to hearing your report following the meet.
    Brian Laurance, BCA # 5168
    A Centurion driver since December, 1970

1971 Centurion Formal Coupe

Brian - I look forward to next years show. I'll be sure to look you up.
    Bruce
    Lake Bluff, Il.
    1971 Centurion Convertible

Looks like the Puyallup was well attended:

Rob

+ Reply to Thread