+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: 71 Centurion Convertible

Default WTB: 71 Centurion Convertible

Looking for a 71 Centurion convertible. I had a neighbor when I was a kid that had a gorgeous, red 73 with white top and interior and I swore I'd buy one someday. Close to the North East (MA) is preferred but can travel/ship something really nice if it's the right price. Ideally, I'd like a rust free, complete, low mile, high option A/C car that doesn't have blue or green interior. I could go for a completely finished car but I'm not against finding something that needs paint, new top or some interior work as long as the body is straight and it's in good mechanical shape. I just don't have the time for any big projects right now.

I came across an expired Ebay ad from a seller named Franksmoky1990 from Buena Vista, CO that was selling a car he purchased from an estate sale. That car seemed like what I'm looking for but I'm having difficulty tracking him down.

Also, If I just can't find one of these I'm also interested in 65-68 Wildcat convertibles, 65 Impala conv, 67 Grand Prix conv, 68-69 Bonneville/Catalina conv or early 60's GM bubble tops.

Please let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks in advance!
    Ben

Ben, that Rosewood '71 Centurion convertible in Colorado is still available, and one of the individuals here has the owner's contact information. I'll try to locate the topics here where the car has been discussed.
    Brian Laurance, BCA # 5168
    A Centurion driver since December, 1970

1971 Centurion Formal Coupe

Ben, here's the link to our discussion about the car:

http://www.buickcenturion.com/forums...le-in-Rosewood

Thanks Brian! That was incredibly helpful! After seeing the thread with all the pix and video (including the for sale sign for $17K) I'd say this guy is totally delusional. From what I've researched, these cars absolutely max out around $15K for something that's museum quality. He bought it at the auction for $6500 and that's pretty close to where I'd be considering I have to ship it to MA. Nice car but not $10K nice....it doesn't say Camaro or Impala SS 4 speed on it.

Just called him and made an offer. Stuck at $10K. He's gonna sit on that car for a while. And the search continues...LOL Thanks again Brian.

Ben, thanks for the update. We'll keep our ears open!

Quote Originally Posted by Hdesign View Post
    Just called him and made an offer. Stuck at $10K. He's gonna sit on that car for a while. And the search continues...LOL Thanks again Brian.
    Call the guy and tell him about this forum - let him get a little education in Centurionease.

Yes, he was stuck at $10K when dealing with me as well. Seems like a nice guy - took lots of pics for me. Told him I would pass along his contact info in case anyone was interested. I was thinking that maybe $8K would be in range given the work he had done, etc. Could be a nice ride for someone.

I think $8K would be a fair price for it

I actually offered $7500 thinking we'd probably end up around $8000-$8200...that's a HUGE shipping cost to MA! And I sent him the Collector Car Market Review link to realistic values. In my experience NADA is typically generous and has some ambiguity in their value ranges. Got no response as expected. The guy bought the car well at $6500 but now he's trying to hit a grand slam. I couldn't believe the photo I saw of his for sale sign asking $17K! Someone's been watching too much Barrett Jackson.

Hi,everyone new to forum,and wanted to say that i have 71 red on white convertible centurion for sale.

Hi Ben, I'm selling my 1972 Buick Centurion convertible this spring/summer: pristine shape, red with white interior. It's been in our family since it was bought new off the lot. Bad news - I'm on the west coast of Canada and mileage is 130 thousand. My family owned a mechanics shop. Let me know if you want more info or photos. Kerry

Thanks! That's a bit too far from me but sounds like a nice car. I ended up grabbing something more local recently.

Kerry, can you post more information on your Centurion (photos, history, price)? I may be interested.

+ Reply to Thread