+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trunk emblem

Default Trunk emblem

Hi

I'm looking for the trunk lock emblem for my 73 convertible centurion. I didn't find any on Ebay. is somebody has an idea ? the item must be ship to France
    Thank you for your answer

Phil, Iīm not the best informed person here regarding the special parts of 1973 BC`s, but I read some older posts about this trunk emblem and so I know that itīs very rare and really hard to find a good one ! From time to time such an emblem pops up on Ebay and mostly itīs expensive. On the other hand you could have luck too; there was such an emblem sold for ca. US$ 30 last year if I remember correctly. Perhaps you better should try finding one by calling junkyards in the US.

Added :
    Hey, just found : http://www.billionsandtrillionsinc.c.../buickemblems/ - Probably a good address to start your search ...!
    Last edited by The German; 03-01-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    Rolf

Default Trunk emblem

Hi

Thank you for your answer and your advices, i've been yet ont the site you gave me the adress, and i didn't find one
    i need the complete trunk emblem, the one you twist to opened the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDeville View Post
    Hi

Thank you for your answer and your advices, i've been yet ont the site you gave me the adress, and i didn't find one
    i need the complete trunk emblem, the one you twist to opened the trunk
    Yes, I understood you correct and I meant that you should call the shop by phone and ask them if they could help you - may be they have more than they show in their photos, may be they could help you with other addresses ... ... !
    Rolf

Phil, I have another idea : send an email to this address in the Netherlands, describe the emblem and add a photo so that they exactly know what you are searching for :
    http://www.jambroes.nl/french/

I also got a part there that I searched for a long time but couldnīt find - not an original but good enough - and I know from some others that they found several parts here which they never had had expected that they would be in storage somewhere in Europe !

Good luck !
    Rolf

The trunk lock cover with a Centurion helmet was only on the 1973 Centurion. The Centurion was not a big seller in 1973 so there weren't many made. They also were somewhat fragile and if twisted the wrong way or too hard they'd break. This may be the most rare item on a Centurion as it was for the Centurion only, made for one year only, fragile and often so cloudy that no one would think to grab it before the car was crushed.

The plastic in the cover was prone to hazing and clouding. However, this can often be polished out so you don't have to wait for one in good condition.

Good luck with your search,
    John
    Livin' Large.

Thank you for your answers i send a mail to the adress in netherlands and keep watching on eBAY

cleaning the plastic of the trunk emblem is easiest and best done with a Magic Sponge, available in any store, look at the sponge section; works for a lot of things on the cars. magic!

hello, The german has a good idea, I bought a trunk emblem for $50 from a junk yard that dident know what they had, they told me about the plastic that was cloudy and scrathed and then they sent me a pic of it, as soon as i saw it, i had them send it to me quick, i couldent pass it up for 50, so now i have 2 (NOT FOR SALE) but call around to the United States Junk yards especially the ones that are not STRICTLY BUICK, if you can get one for less then $300 US dollars then i say your doing good, i saw one on ebay go for $300 US dollars, I dont think i could do that but good luck. I found another one but the guys not selling that car for parts yet, so if and when he does, ill try to get it and get back to you IF your still looking for one. GOOD LUCK
    Is it what you know or who you know...?

+ Reply to Thread