+ Reply to Thread

Thread: She's off!

Default She's off!

Shippers showed up today to pick up my '71 Centurion...soon she will be with her new owner in Germany! She will be missed!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gabe
    BCA# 45430
    1971 Buick GS 455 Stage 1
    1971 Buick Centurion Formal Coupe - SOLD
    1972 Buick LeSabre Custon 4DR HT - SOLD
    2010 BMW 528i X-Drive MSport - SOLD
    2013 BMW 550 X-Drive M Sport
    acqrealty@gmail.com

When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer.

you sold it? what happened?

Sold it! Nothing happened, just sold it and moved on to another Buick. What I was planning on doing to it during the winter was "pro-touring" it. 2 factors convinced me to sell it. 1. Besides looking and handling awesomely, it would ruin it's original integrity. 2. alot of the suspension parts would have to be custom made for it, and even though I woulda did it, would have been one hell of a job...labor wise and $$$ wise, so out of no-where an offer I couldn't refuse came along, and I took it. Now now it's onto my next car...a '71 GS 455 Stage 1.
    It hurt watching them load her up and taken away, more so because she was sooo well taken care of, by me and the former owners. Finding another '71 centurion someday in mint in and out condition is probably slim to none...but you never know!
    Gabe
    BCA# 45430
    acqrealty@gmail.com

When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds left to conquer.

Nice... i had a 71 Buick GS 350 and a 70 GS Skylark 455 back in the 90's but moved onto Centurions... Always liked the unique body styles...

Good luck on your build...!

Thanks!
    Gabe
    BCA# 45430
    acqrealty@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Shippers showed up today to pick up my '71 Centurion...soon she will be with her new owner in Germany! She will be missed!
    hi what are these cars worth in mint con thanks hans

Hans, there are many variables, of course year, model, color, options, original versus modified, and of course condition - one persons mint condition could be another persons fair or good condition.

Default 1971 Buick Centurion Hardtop Sedan

Hello Guys. I have a 71 all original that I would like to sell. Runs like a champ, it is in good shape from my opinion (could use a new paint job) but everything else from motor to interior has been kept in remarkable condition. This could be a daily driver or invest into it to turn into a show car. EASY restore job. I bought it from an elderly gentleman to restore it for myself but I have too many irons in the fire so unfortunately I am forced to sell to someone who can do with it what I can't. Any help on who might be looking for a low overhead project or where I might be able to sell it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Present it well on eBay for your best results. There will be a limited market for buyers of a 4 door hardtop especially one not loaded up, so hopefully you have a realistic value in your head. Paint work and body work on these large cars is not cheap.
    It appears to be a very decent car.

Thanks for the info "My3buicks" I kind of figured that most were more partial to the convertibles. I definitely can't say that I know exactly what a realistic value is so I chose to come to the " Arena of the more educated opinions" to get some advice. I don't expect to get what I paid for it, I was probably drooling like a dog with a steak dinner when I bought it because I was just excited to be getting one of these classics from what I consider the "Golden Era" of vehicles. I grew up watching my dad and his buddies with all of their classics and I always knew that I would find one or several that I could call my own. This happened to be my first but unfortunately it was a false start because my other responsibilities outweigh my desires right now I am open to any and all advice to get a fair price for her and I won't be insulted by offers from anyone that has a minimal idea of what these are going for in this condition. I understand that the body work can become quite expensive on these large cars but the good thing is that everything is there. The interior is in excellent condition, only the back seat cushion of the driver seat need stitch work. I have this fabric included and it is factory matched ( the last owner ordered but never had it completed). What impressed me most about this vehicle is the condition of the motor, I have seen a lot by searching through classified ads but very few in this condition with no rust. I posted an ad on eBay before a kind gentleman referred me to this site, I received a ton of views but no offers yet even after I have lowered the price a couple of times. I have included the ebay link at the bottom if you don't mind viewing. Thanks in advance for any further advice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Other-...m=262106440664

The car is obviously a clean original but the need of body work and a full paint job, some interior work, and being a 4 door will kill it's value. We have seen 4 door versions of these needing little to nothing to make them worthy of a night at a Cruise-In etc for $3-4K. I would say you will be lucky to get between $2000-$2500 for it. Unfortunately the low mileage and obvious care of the car will make it very attractive for someone wanting a low mileage 455, these cars are sacrificed regularly for their engines, and the rest of the parts are sold. Not saying it's right, just stating the facts.

Although that it unfortunate news to hear, I know that you speak from a position of experience. Thanks My3buicks

+ Reply to Thread