+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Register needs help.

Default New Register needs help.

Where can I buy rubber impact strip for front bumper of Centurion 1972.

Any advice will be appreciated.

And does anyone know if 1972 Electra 225 grill emblem fits to my centurion 1972 ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/72-19...mZ270505248831

Thank you for looking.

Hello and welcome,

The rubber strip is not reproduced. Your best bet is to check with salvage yards that still have some old cars in them. The white strip in the middle of the strip is notorious for turning light brown. A suitable replacement has not been found, but sometimes it's possible to pull the strip out and put it in backwards so a fresh side is facing out.

I think the grill emblem should work fine. The add lists the pin spacing as 3 1/4 inches. Check your grill and see if that will fit.

John

John
    Livin' Large.

Smile Thank you! JOHN

I will try to look at junkyard.
    Thank you for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by 73 Centurion View Post
    Hello and welcome,

The rubber strip is not reproduced. Your best bet is to check with salvage yards that still have some old cars in them. The white strip in the middle of the strip is notorious for turning light brown. A suitable replacement has not been found, but sometimes it's possible to pull the strip out and put it in backwards so a fresh side is facing out.

I think the grill emblem should work fine. The add lists the pin spacing as 3 1/4 inches. Check your grill and see if that will fit.

John

John

+ Reply to Thread