+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Hood Hinges for 72 Centurion convertible

Default Need Hood Hinges for 72 Centurion convertible

I bent my hinges lowering the hood a few years back and cannot find any replacement hinges. I have found some different posts that indicate which numbers I need, but I still need to find them. Well, I've found 2 sets: 1235516 RH/1235517 LH and 1239906 RH/1239907 LH. Which is correct? I don't know.
    I would greatly appreciate anyone that can help.

You need the 1239906 and 1239907. Those apply to ALL '72 B-C bodies. The first numbers you listed apply to most '71 B-C bodies. The only exception is 200 specific '71 Electras but since you are looking for the '72 version, you don't need those specific body numbers. This information was found in the 1975 Master Parts Book.
    Bob Alberini BCA 3038
    Columbus, OH
    Centurion owner since 1973

Someone should have some of those laying around, or will stumble on some of them at a yard sooner or later for ya. Please also take a look at v8buick.com in the for sale section, might be someone parting a 72 Electra/Centurion/LeSabre?
    KIMSN
    QUI VULT DARE PARVA NON DEBET MAGNA ROGARE

Thanks Bob. I did manage to find one, but should I get just one for try to find a set. I'm not sure if one new one and one rebuild one would work well together.
    Erik.

EEE, I am still waiting on v8buick to send me a log in account so I can post. I will check their for sale section as well. Thanks, Erik.

Sorry, Erik. My mechanical expertise is way too limited to help with your question so I'll leave that one to other members on the forum who are far more knowledgable in that area. At least you know what you need.
    Bob Alberini BCA 3038
    Columbus, OH
    Centurion owner since 1973

+ Reply to Thread