+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi ! I'm new ....here.

Default Hi ! I'm new ....here.

This thread is the what's new place and i just joined up so i figured that I'm what's NEW today.
    Only new in the above sense as have passed my half Century in years, and yet do not own a Buick Century.
    I was looking the ads on the Dutch ebay equivalent ( marktplaats.nl ) and dreaming what coudl be if only i had the money when i came acoss an advert for a Buick Century and within the text was the link here ( they certainly go for bigger money over here than they do in the USA and yet, for such a small geographical area, there are a HUGE amount of classic USA autos.The annual auto taxes areonly for vehicles less than twenty five years old, and the insurance for classic autos is very low, and many are converted to run on LPG )
    So i came and joined.
    i'm a big Buick fan and already run a Forum for another popular early seventies Buick.
    So fear not, this isn't the spam man !

Bryan.
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-29-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo errors corrected

Welcome to the board, Bryan!

What forum do you run?
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Thank You for the welcome. there does not appear to have been much recent activity here so i was certainly surprised to have such a quick response.

I have for the last nine years run the BoatTail Group.( Buick BoatTail Riviera ''70-'73) ,I've not come here to promote that Group though, but as You ask.

There are particular characteristics of certain automobiles which i find have an almost inexplainable beauty, and the body side contours of the early seventies Centurion fit right in there.
    I never did know previous that there was an on-line forum dedicated to this vehicle.
    thanks again,

Bryan

Bryan
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-29-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo error

The activity comes in waves...but we have lots of folks who read the board on a daily basis.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

Yep Adam is correct, especially during the winter months. Anyway, Welcome! Hope you stick with us, we are all a good bunch here, loads of information once we all get posting on a topic.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Rick Martinez

1973 Centurion 455 convertible - My show & tow car
    1970 GS455 Racecar
    9.25 @ 144.83, 3070 lbs

Welcome to our Centurion world. It has been slow in recent weeks but once spring returns we'll be much more active. We'll be sharing our adventures and pictures.
    Richard (Rick) Dunn

1971 Centurion convertible, teal mist gray and black: traded in for:
    1973 Centurion convertible, bamboo cream and sandlewood: sold away for all of the wrong reasons. :
    1972 Centurion 4 door hardtop, hunter green, green interior, black vinyl roof. The new adventure!

Hi Bryan
    Most of us do not drive these cars in the winter time in rain, snow and so on
    And that is why it is quiet these days nothing brakes down or happens to the cars
    So not much to tell or ask
    Perhaps we meet in the coming cruising season
    Erik
    Ridderkerk
    The Netherlands
    gumbeest@msn.com

Buick Centurion 455-4 convertible (1973)

Hyundai XG 350 (2003)
    Chrysler Sebring convertible (2001)
    Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T (1999)

Suzuki GSX-R 750 (1991)

HELLO....
    Everyone I just wanted to say hi and thanks for the info yesterday about looking in the adds for cars for sale for a car i guess i didn't see all this website had to ofter i'm not a big computer guy but I'm working my way there i posted a pic of my car its in the paint shop getting 2 tone at this time so the pic is a lil old and when its out ill be posting more but i love to know that i can come on here and ask for help or look up things for my car she is really like my first ..
    A little about me and my car my first Buick was a 73 also and Ive been in love with them ever since i had to sell it for all the wrong reasons i was a teen age boy and didn't know what i had in tell it was gone 4 years in later in 1998 my brother find me another 73 sitting under oak tree i paid 400.00 for it it ran but was a little rusty since then Ive painted it once already and am now painting it again like i said i had rust eat thought it i had to get the quarter panels redone as well as the trunk it was bad you could see the ground I have rebuild the motor and tran as well as redone the carpets and seats i cant dare say what Ive put in it because my wife may read this but its never going to be able to get it back if i ever sell it every time i talk about it she gets upset because she now to have falling in love with it its like a old dog that wont die she says lol well my name is Vernon and ill jump in if i know how to and if i have 2 cents to put in and ill be sure to ask if there's anything i need to know thanks
    Wife wants 1 NOW....

HAVE
    1973 Buick 455 2 tone green & blue hardtop 2 door My first wife owned since 1998
    1999 Chevy Tahoe
    2007 Chevy impala

HAD
    1973 Buick 455 yellow hardtop 2 door My very first had to sale for all the wrong reasons

HELLO....
    Everyone I just wanted to say hi and thanks for the info yesterday about looking in the adds for cars for sale for a car i guess i didn't see all this website had to ofter i'm not a big computer guy but I'm working my way there i posted a pic of my car its in the paint shop getting 2 tone at this time so the pic is a lil old and when its out ill be posting more but i love to know that i can come on here and ask for help or look up things for my car she is really like my first ..
    A little about me and my car my first Buick was a 73 also and Ive been in love with them ever since i had to sell it for all the wrong reasons i was a teen age boy and didn't know what i had in tell it was gone 4 years in later in 1998 my brother find me another 73 sitting under oak tree i paid 400.00 for it it ran but was a little rusty since then Ive painted it once already and am now painting it again like i said i had rust eat thought it i had to get the quarter panels redone as well as the trunk it was bad you could see the ground I have rebuild the motor and tran as well as redone the carpets and seats i cant dare say what Ive put in it because my wife may read this but its never going to be able to get it back if i ever sell it every time i talk about it she gets upset because she now to have falling in love with it its like a old dog that wont die she says lol well my name is Vernon and ill jump in if i know how to and if i have 2 cents to put in and ill be sure to ask if there's anything i need to know thanks
    Wife wants 1 NOW....

HAVE
    1973 Buick 455 2 tone green & blue hardtop 2 door My first wife owned since 1998
    1999 Chevy Tahoe
    2007 Chevy impala

HAD
    1973 Buick 455 yellow hardtop 2 door My very first had to sale for all the wrong reasons

+ Reply to Thread