Recently I had a problem with my cruise control master unit and I want to document it here in a separate thread so that everyone who will search for help some day will have it easier finding information for his problems.
My story was :
My advices are :
- have a look to the air filter of the unit and change it if necessary ! Thatīs very easy – you only cut a piece out of an 1 inch thick foam rubber, melt a hole into its center (which is necessary for the lower part of the electrical adjustment screw of the unit) with an electric soldering iron – ready !
- Have a look to the units interiour once a year or every 10 kmiles or so to become sure that everything is okay there. If you find some dust clean it before you will get greater problems. Look for a reason for the dust and try to avoid getting dust again. Otherwise the dust could get into the gears and their axles and cause some wear there which will be able to block the wheels !
- If the wheels are not turning free try to get them free again. Only free wheels enable the unit working as it should !
- Look for the hoses – they have to be tight and dense.
- Look for correct electical connectons too.
Any questions left, ask for help here !