+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust Manifold Leak

Should be able to pick one up easily from v8buick.com (parts wanted section), or ebay.
    KIMSN
    QUI VULT DARE PARVA NON DEBET MAGNA ROGARE

Has anyone had experience with a cast iron repair shop on their exhaust manifold?
    Bruce
    Bruce
    Lake Bluff, Il.
    1971 Centurion Convertible

Well - six weeks after my decision to correct my exhaust manifold leak, I am proud to say my small project (turned large) was completed this past Thursday. To recap - the cracks in my left exhaust manifold forced me to remove my heads. I proceeded to have my exhaust manifold repaired,heads rebuilt, I changed the timing chain set, changed the water pump, changed the fuel pump, dropped the oil pan and re-gasketed due to leaks, and I cleaned and painted the components.

By the way, the impact wrench was the answer to removing the harmonic balancer bolt.

Yesterday, I decided to make a trek from Chicago to Ames Iowa to visit the BCA National Car Show. Most of the way there, we had the top down - it rained the last hour. Today, we walked the show and turned around and drove back home. On the way home, the weather was perfect, so the seven hour drive down U.S. Route 30 was totally enjoyable.

I am thrilled that our repairs held up to this test. We did not show, since it was our first BCA show visit. There was one Centurion being judged.

I am glad to be driving her again.

Thanks for all the advice.

Bruce
    Bruce
    Lake Bluff, Il.
    1971 Centurion Convertible

Congrats, Bruce! I wish I could've made it to Ames.
    Adam Martin
    BPG# 1358
    BCA# 39765
    1970 Buick Skylark Custom 455 Coupe

+ Reply to Thread