PDA

View Full Version : Auto Transport....Car Movers? Car Haulers?

RadRiv455
08-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Is there a website or a forum for independent car haulers? When I'm searching Craigslist nationwide and I find a car I want to buy, I'd like to factor in the cost of moving it from Location A to Location B.

If you use a network carrier, you end up paying $150 or so just for the Broker. I'd like to eliminate the broker and work directly with the hauler.

Thank you.

1971centurion
08-15-2011, 10:22 AM
You probably need to go through the yellow pages online for auto movers that base out of the area or your area. I have used DAS a few times now. They are cheap but they scraped up the lower pass qp this time :bawl:

I paid $950 for shipping Oregon to Birmingham. Thats not bad with these gas prices.

RadRiv455
08-15-2011, 01:39 PM
That price is not bad...but I'd like to bypass the big guys and go for the independent driver/contractor. Since most of the stuff I'm looking at does not run, its best to go with a smaller outfit that can wench it up onto the trailer. I checked out DAS and you have to bring the car to their nearest ship point...which is not ideal. And you have to pick it up where they drop it off...which is not usually nearby. So, the added costs would be very high. I'd prefer door to door...and that would be a private contractor.

Godbody
05-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Is there a website or a forum for independent car haulers? When I'm searching Craigslist nationwide and I find a car I want to buy, I'd like to factor in the cost of moving it from Location A to Location B.

If you use a network carrier, you end up paying $150 or so just for the Broker. I'd like to eliminate the broker and work directly with the hauler.

Thank you.

I sold cars for a living and anytime we had a car to pick up or drop off even in another state we used independent drivers. Maybe u kno someone at a dealership? I saved my guy Rudy's number in contacts!! Hes in Texas dont kno where you're at tho...

Randy Smithhart
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Where do I go to list a Buick Centurion for sale? I have a 1973 conv. with a 455. It is very restorable, but I do NOT have the title. Left by tenant at rental property. He had title and promised it to me, but I lost contact with him. Sp parts cat I guess. Where can I list it on this site?