PDA

View Full Version : What's best classic car insurance????

kokoro
05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi everybody.

I am looking for better insurance than now.

My friends recommend Grundy Worldwide insurance for my classic buick centurion.

But, I have one concern about this.

I would like to drive 2-3times in a week. Not everyday, but often.
And maybe I will go to shopping mall with centurion.

Please give me any advice to enjoy my 1972 buick centurion concertible.

Thank you for looking.

Centurion
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
kokoro, where are you located?

Personally, I like Hagerty Insurance, and you may be able to find a local agent who can work with you on your requirements. Hagerty seems to be farily liberal in terms of frequent use of the collector car.

Gabe
05-18-2011, 11:40 AM
kokoro, where are you located?

Personally, I like Hagerty Insurance, and you may be able to find a local agent who can work with you on your requirements. Hagerty seems to be farily liberal in terms of frequent use of the collector car.

I second Hagerty Ins. Great coverage and rates!

My3buicks
05-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I have Hagerty and have for years and am TOTALLY satisfied with them. You do have to own another vehicle which is your every day driver, while they are a little more liberal than other companies in their requirements, I would recommend not pushing the envelope.

David G
05-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Another vote for Hagerty, IF you are not intending to use the car as you would a daily driver. That type of use is excluded from coverage. But they do not have a set limit to the # of miles you can drive, but do ask for projected miles. I've driven mine on a 1,000 + mile trip to a Buick event and confirmed beforehand that I was covered during the trip. Thinking about driving it to work now and then? Not covered...

As mentioned, you need to provide proof of regular insurance on a different vehicle that you would use for daily driving, for EACH household member that you list as a driver for your Centurion. Hagerty's been easy to deal with on claims also.